Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Time and Effort

I have a project right now.  Cleaning out and cleaning up my play room.  I wanted to say my "craft room", but there are so many things that I want to do in that room and I find all of them to be "fun", therefore the title "Play Room".  I like to scrapbook.  I like to paint. I love photography.  I like to write, and read other blogs on scrapbooking and paper craft.  I have SO many likes, that my "Play room" is total chaos.  So right now it needs cleaned out in the worst way.  But I have a problem.  I can't find anything.  Every time I go to make a card or try to use my photos for a gift--I can't find what I need.  Therefore, the project.  I don't mind cleaning it out.  I make so many new discovery's of items I had forgotten I even had that it's almost like Christmas going through my room.

Right now the entire room looks like massive clutter, and it's going to take time and effort to be able to get it to the point where I can really use the room and it's contents to full advantage.  Time and effort.  Two things that bog me down into uselessness more often than not.  Taking the time to do something I love is one of the most difficult things I face.  For some reason I seem to think that if the task is "fun" I can't do it until I have the house entirely clean and dinner in the oven; with menus made for the rest of the month, ad nauseum.  Why do I find it so difficult to allow myself time to just "play".  I don't think I'm the only one that struggles with this.  So for now, at least one hour every day I get to "play" with my papers, glues, glitters, photos, etc.  I give myself permission to do this each and every day.  I know that if I get going in my "play room" time has a way of disappearing and I come out so much more relaxed.  


There's something else that I often don't take the time for or make the effort to do and that's working on my relationship with Jesus.  So often I have so much to do I can't take the time for Him.  That's even difficult to type, let alone admit to the world.  But yes, there are days when I shove time with Him aside to do what seems to be most pressing.  BUT when I give myself permission to have time with Him each and every day, time has a way of disappearing and I come back to responsibilities much more relaxed and able to deal with everything else.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like our last few calls. Play is important! There is always cleaning or chores to do but God gave us passions for us to pursue and enjoy! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with allowing myself to play. I have gotten my routine down that I spend time with Jesus in the morning but maybe not the type that I can say "be still and know that I am God". Two major areas that need attention in my life.

    ReplyDelete