Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Challenge

Wow!  I've always admired people when they've stated they have a blog.  I was sure it was something I dare not attempt.  This is the year I face my fears.  I have no idea what I'm doing, but I do know I have to at least attempt, so here goes.  There are a couple of fears I'm planning on sharing here.  My fear of sharing with people--odd, since I'm a pastor's wife--and my fear of failure.  To even see these words on the screen make my stomach drop.  I know that Jesus girls aren't supposed to have fear, since fear doesn't come from God, but it's something I think I have to deal with every day.  There are times that I overcome my fears, but this year I'm hoping and praying that I can surrender these to God and finally grow beyond fear.  So here goes.  For now I'm hoping to be able to post a couple times a week.  Maybe once I get going I'll find it so therapeutic that I do it daily.  We'll see, together or alone--this is for me.  If you can receive any help from my ramblings--even if it's a laugh or two--please join me on this venture!

2 comments:

  1. I have the fear of failure also. I tend to share too much with people. But I push myself so that I don't fail. I want to look good in others' eyes. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to your sharing and being able to encourage and commiserate.

    ReplyDelete