Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Sweat" isn't a bad thing.

I skipped a day and I missed it!  I'm finding I actually am enjoying writing these little snippets of thought--even when I'm posting about my fears.  I was afraid I didn't have anything to say.  I'm feeling a little bit that way tonight, but decided I'd give it a go anyway.  

I'm working on the low carb diet and exercise plan.  It's difficult, in that sometimes I've eaten something and not realized until after it's gone that I'm eating something I've decided to live without.  I'm hoping that as it becomes more and more of a habit it will get easier to leave the sweets, pastas and breads alone.  I've been told that after 21 days it will get easier.  This is day 4 so I'm not doing too badly here.  But then there's the exercise part.

Yesterday my Physical Therapist worked me over so well that I didn't want to move the rest of yesterday or today.  I fought against that urge and got a few things done--using "putting Christmas decorations away" as a "physical activity".  For me, in the condition I'm in right now, that was hard work.  Standing in one spot and wrapping village pieces from under the tree make me sweat!  I'm discovering that "sweat" isn't a bad thing when it's a result of doing more than you have for quite a while.  Due to health issues I haven't been very active.  Some of the health issues that limited movement have been dealt with (new knees) so now I'm trying to gradually move more.  I am discovering muscles in places I didn't realize I had any muscular tissue.  And those little movements the therapist tells you to do end up resulting in extreme soreness.  I am sore!!  It's a good sore--that's what I keep telling myself.  I see my physical therapist tomorrow and hopefully some of those sore muscles will loosen up.  

My walk with Jesus is often reflected by my physical life.  If I don't continually flex my "muscles" of faith and trust they get flabby and unproductive.  Life becomes more and more difficult as those weak muscles get weaker and weaker from lack of use.  Pretty soon I am an ineffective Jesus girl.  I lose my desire to share what Jesus has accomplished in my life and then if not dealt with, I lose my desire to allow Jesus to do anything in my life.  In both my physical and spiritual life, when inactivity leads to flabbiness, I'm not just hurting myself, I'm hurting people around me.  

So, on to stronger muscles, both physically and spiritually. 

1 comment: