Saturday, March 24, 2012

Breakfast and Beauty

Today was a special day.  I had asked our youngest daughter to share makeup tricks and hints she learned while she was a run-way model.  She was nervous about it, but somehow in the way God works--she had been asking to be used and stretched by God.  She knew this was something she needed to do.  I am 5'5"(if I stretch) and pudgy.  They had to stretch my left leg 3/4 of an inch to make my hip replacement fit tight.  I already had a 1/2 inch lift on my right leg--so with another 3/4 of an inch, my right leg is now 1 1/4" shorter than my left.  If I wear my lift on my right foot so that I'm standing up straight--I'm 5'5" tall.  If I stand flat on my right foot without my lift, with my left knee bent to accommodate my right leg--I'm 5'4" tall.  All this just to state again--I'm 5'5" (if I stretch) tall and pudgy.  Our youngest daughter on the other hand, is 6'1" tall without shoes and very svelte.  With her 3" shoes today, I looked really short.  I definitely had to look up to her.  She's a beautiful young woman who not only has outward beauty, but has an inward beauty that only enhances the outer.  I was really hoping we would have quite a few young women to hear her story, but it wasn't turning out that way.  I had prayed a lot for today's special breakfast.  I have been reading a lot of scripture lately about trusting God and praying expecting answers.  Having faith in Him, that He will do, when it is within His will.  When I was younger I had no difficulty being pretty specific with my prayers and thanking God when I knew I was seeing a specific request being answered.  But somehow as I've gotten older I've found it more difficult to pray expectantly.  I tell myself that I have just as much faith, I'm just more realistic-- Until this week.  I was praying again about our morning event and reading in the scriptures where God loves us and He will give us our hearts desire when we delight in Him.  I know that when we ask for Him to do something that we KNOW is in His will--He will do it.  I knew this special time was something He wanted us to do.  So I asked for at least 20 people to attend and hear the words Carrie was going to share with us.  We had 23.  All of this to say, next time I'm asking for a larger number.  Not so we can say we had X number attend, but to remember--God is bigger than my expectations.  He has so much more to share with us than what we limit Him to.  My purpose is to give honor and glory to God, to share His love and the peace that passes all understanding.  Today, watching our youngest share her story of struggles, acceptance, growth and peace, creating her inner beauty--I give God praise.  He has done remarkably more than I could ask or think.

No comments:

Post a Comment