Friday, April 13, 2012

What do I do now?

I find that when I'm not sure what to say I avoid saying anything.  Usually this is a good thing, but when you're referring to a blog that you would really like people to keep checking for new material--not so good!  

Life has been busy and I'm still trying to figure this blog thing out.  I am amazed at how easily our 7 year old granddaughter can whip around the internet and try this or that.  And here I am.  Avoiding writing in a blog that I thoroughly enjoy because I'm afraid I'll say the wrong thing.  Maybe I'll hit the wrong button.  A friend of mine through Facebook has a blog.  It's so cool!  She has all these things you can go to and click on.  Categories and more information if you click on another tab.  I have what I've written.  I did get brave and post a picture of my wonderful husband.  But I've decided my blog is kind of boring.  I'm trying to understand all these blog terms and buttons on this main page where I do the writing, but I usually do this around midnight and the brain is not always thinking clearly.  I am definitely going to have to study these things earlier in the day, with an internet dictionary on another screen.  I've decided it's definitely tougher for a 60 year old woman to figure all this out than someone in the 25-40 group.  BUT I am not giving up.  I came very close, but I refuse to quit.  I enjoy this.  I think I would even enjoy it more if I totally understood what I can do with this.  So for now we have the ramblings of a "young" senior citizen.  Maybe I'll have to have my 7 year old granddaughter come give me a hand. 

Any and all suggestions are most appreciated.  I've heard over and over that it's good to continue to learn new things as we get older.  Keeps our minds active and encouraged to learn.  I definitely have learned through other endeavors that this is true.  Older people who refuse to continue to learn new things become just that--old.  I keep telling friends that I act younger now than I did when I was in my teens.  It's true.  Now, what's this button do?????

No comments:

Post a Comment