Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's Monday, the beginning of another work week.  I'm a homemaker and a Pastor's wife, so Monday is usually our day off.  Once in a while we end up having to take a different day, but mostly we do Mondays.  At the end of last week I was all set up to start having fun in my room and enjoying this month doing things that make me happy.  Cool weather with clouds and rain continue into this week, which if you read my last post you understand that that means I'm in pain so--I'm still reading.  Don't get me wrong, I love to read, I just had other things I really wanted to start doing.  I was also clumsy and rammed into something that refused to move with my right shoulder.  My right hand almost instantly went numb.  Now I'm icing, heating and babying it, and yes it hurts to type, so this will also be short.  My husband has been sick since Friday evening and I think he may have given me his great cold.  I also didn't intend for my blog to always make comments about God, but He is the major person in my life, so I find I'm talking about Him more and more.  I must say I have had a GREAT desire to have a pity party.  Then He reminds me of different scriptures I've learned that remind me He doesn't allow bad things into my life without a reason.  I've been studying James in the New Testament.  One of the verses that stands out to me is where it says we are "to count it all joy when we face various trials".  I've walked with Him long enough to know I learn from tough things He allows in my life.  So, if you asked, "are we having fun yet?"  I'd have to say, "Fun--no, Joy--yes."  Life happens and when we've made up our mind to have joy--that's even better.  BUT I AM going to have fun this week.  It may take me longer.  I may smell like Tiger Balm.  I may have to use my cane to get around.  BUT  I will press on and have as much fun as my limitations allow each day.  I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment